Wednesday, June 29, 2005

I Hate Dulce de Leche

Argentinian people love dulce de leche, I was told that the day of my arrival. Dulce de leche is what we called Caramel. It is in everything. I am surprised they dont dip the asados/ meat in dulce de leche -- or do they?

Well, I hate it because 1. it is really not that delicious for me 2. my whole bag was stolen because of a dulce de leche con.

I woke up early one sunday morning to take a tour by foot around the city. I went to Teatre Colon, one of the four most famous opera house in the world. I took some pictures with my new videocamera outside of the theatre, I think that is when I became the prey. While I was walking down one of the sidestreets of the theatre, some liquid fell on me. I thought it was coming from above because when I turned around, a middle age woman pointed upward towards to one of the windows. She helped me to clean up. Dulce de Leche was all over my bag and my coat. I took my bag down, but I kept an eye on it for the whole time, but as soon as a I turned around, it was gone. The lady´s partner had taken it. I chased after my bag, but I couldnt see it in the crowd, I didnt know what the guy looked like. When I looked back, the lady was gone too.

I knew then that it had been a trick. I ran to a policeman nearby, with my broken spanish, I told him where he was heading. But the policeman told me to go the police station instead. I sprinted there, and they told me the translator can come three hours later and told me to come back. I had no money on me, no contact information of my friends because they were in the wallet. I asked for either some money or ride to my friend´s place nearby, but they told me that I can walk there. I was hysterical, how could I possibly walk?

Anyway, I finally got some numbers from the hotel and called my friends to come rescue me and file a police report.

Everything is all right now, I just hope my insurance covers my videocamera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home