Sunday, May 15, 2005

Last Day of Camp "Evolution"

So today I have accomplished the first part of my goal quite quickly. The weather was beautiful this morning, but since the water was still cold, we still had to put on the freaking wetsuit, I hate that stuff. In the morning, I was up on the board using a 13 m kite due to the light wind and I rode! Only for a very short distance though. I was in totall bliss. I thought, now I know how to get up on the board, I just need to work on my kite. Of course, I was wrong again.

In the afternoon, the wind picked up, so we went out on a 9m kite, which is something that was more suitable for my body/weight. I was a disaster. Not only was I not successful in getting on the board, I had to relaunch the kite a few times. During one relaunch, I had my hands placed unevenly on the bar, so after I got the kite back up into the air, it started looping! The kite was out of my control, so I let go. It took my coach, Andy (who is totally hot but got a serious kiter girlfriend), about 10-15 min with the help with another coach to detangle the lines. I felt so bad. When I got back on again, I still couldnt ride. When the kite went down again, the session ended. I was so mad at myself. I felt incompetent. Especially knowing that there's no availability this week for kiteboarding lessons, I am even more upset that I did not reach my goal and that the camp ended for me on a bad note.

I hope someone cancels b/c I really dont wanna be stuck in the house doing absolutely nothing even though every inch of my body is aching right now.

I've gotta be tough.

Oh, and I need a bearhug. Anyone? Anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home