Monday, September 04, 2006

Good sessions

It sure was a good day.

I woke up early to go to starbucks, sat for a bit and finished ready James Patterson's " Judge and Jury". Then I had lunch with my aunt and cousins, went to borders, bought more book, and headed home early to get ready to go kiting.

I got to 3rd ave around 2:30. The wind was already blowing. I set up my kite really quickly. I even put on my floatation device -- in case I have to swim again.

My first session was awesome, though there was this girl, Mia, she was a beginner who's been body-dragging for a while. She went out right before me and she was struggling a bit and lost her board. I was sort of stuck in place because I didn't know where she was going to go. The only way I could have gone passed her was if I went directly downwind, which I did not want to do.

After tagging back and forth on my board a bit, she finally drifted downwind so I was free to use the space again. however, another female kiter had lined up with me, we had a bit of a traffic jam, but it got sorted out --slowly. I had to try a few different things.

Second session started great, I was curving upwind quite alot because I remembered to turn my torso and look towards the direction in which I wanted to travel to. That helped. I also remembered the advice Fadhly gave me before I went out today, which was to keep my kite low. For the most part, that's what I did. I even did a smooth change of direction without having to sit back into the water. That felt awesome.

After I had finished, Fadhly came up to me and gave me another tip - to straighten my front leg...yep, I forgot to do that...damn, there are so many things to remember. I'll work on it tomorrrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home