Sunday, March 05, 2006

Day 3 in St. Lucia

So no wind today as forecasted. It was a beach day except that my forearms were already burnt from yesterday while kiting...the forearms were not covered by my short-sleved rash guard.

I didn't get much sleep last night, partly because I am getting sick and partly because I was fighting the mosquitos. I got 5 hours. This is not acceptable on my vacation, I am gonna try to get 10 hours tonight to make up for it. Anyway, a young couple had arrived from South Carolina yesterday. They couldnt get up for breakfast and the host, Brigitta, was not happy about it because if they dont get up by 8:30, then she will have to put the breakfast back when they get up, she complained to me about it..a guest! So she tried a few things to "get their attention" or shall I say, WAKE THEM UP.

BTW, my pen on the side pocket of my backpack leaked in the car we were in yesterday, got on the leather seat, I apologized to Jasmine (actually, on two parts of the seat and the carpet in the trunk). I threw away the pen and wiped my bag, thinking that everything was all right. Apparently, I thought wrong. I put the backpack on the couch and the ink got on the fabric (only a bit). The host was so frusttrated and told me how expensive the furniture here is. BUT, her furnitures are already really old and stained everywhere...I don't friggin get it. So that got on my nerve too...

Anyway, I sunbathed (not exactly, stayed in the shades mostly) most of the day. The exciting part of my day was probably when I went swimming. A local tried to pick me up. We were in the middle of the ocean, and he goes "excuse me, can I join you?"

I thought we were already in the same body of water --at the atlantic ocean. So I told him I was about to go back to shore. He asked me to stay, i said no. And that was it. He wasn't bad looking, but all the horror stories I heard yesterday made all these st. Lucian men seem so dirty and unappealing.

I chatted my afternoon away with the instructors (Bart and Jason) and the equipment boy (Stan).

Brigitta told me and the couple that she was gonna come pick us up at 5pm. She got there around 4:20 and I told her that I was waiting for my pizza and that it would take another 10 min. She told me that it wasnt a problem because she was gonna eat there too with a friend. The friend was her boyfriend, or rather, boytoy. The three of us had to wait until 5:40 to get back. Why didn't we walk? Her place is on a hill, a really steep hill. It will probably take us a good 40min-an hour to get back.

I sat there and thought to myself -- I don't like her. I felt like i t wasnt my vacation anymore. She was controlling my schedule, telling me when to get up and when I can get a ride from her. I don't need a mom. So I called another hotel this afternoon and booked a room from wed night on, They don't have availability for the next two days, so I have to wait. oh well, at least I will be able to move somewhere soon. In the past year, I seem to been having troubles with my stays...I need better planning I suppose

A German couple is supposed to come in tonight, damn it's gonna be annoying (coz the host is german too...she will chat them up)

Oh, I am so sore...need a massage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home