Monday, March 06, 2006

Day 4 in St. Lucia

Before I go on to describe my day, I must say that I've got this weird numbness on my left hand, from the top of the pinkie extending to the bottom of my palm. I have no clue what is happening...I hope it is nothing serious, so far I can still move it and everything else in my hand. But the numbness will not go away. I hope I will be okay.

Brigitta wasn't too weird this morning. I thought she might act with a bit of hostility but that didn't happen, whew. Maybe because the German couple was at the breakfast table. The German couple is cool, young couple. The guy, Oliver, is a kiter. His kite was lost in the baggage transfer but he got it back this morning.

We got a slow start this morning because the German couple had trouble starting their car. So Brigitta took the young couple from south carolina and me to the bank first and then the German couple came to meet us to give us a ride to the Reef.

By the time we got the Reef, it was already 11am. The wind was weak, about 10/11 knots, but I still went out. I started off badly. I used my 13m Diesel and I crashed it on water...I tried to relaunch it, but there was not enough wind to bring the kite up from the water. The kite pulled me downwind...and I was drifted down with the kite. I did not give up, I kept trying to relaunch, but it got to a point where I knew that it was not possible. The relaunch system in the 13 m Diesel actually makes it hardly to relaunch in weak wind with a tiny person like me. Finally I floated back to shore and took my walk of shame back up to where we started. I felt like a loser hahaha.

But I redeemed myself. The instructor finally use the right cue words with me. He told me to really dive the kite and pretend that my goal is to stay in the water. That worked, I was able to get up into a good position to kite, but I wasn't able to keep the kite going for long. I had to sit back down into the water after one stroke because the wind was not strong. I finally decide to come back to shore because there was not much wind to go on.

For the rest of the afternoon I just sat around. I did go kayaking for a while though. It was quite fun, but I felt the numbness after the kayaking...it may be from that...oh I hope it is nothing

Anyway, there are so many ppl in this house right now. Four couples, brigitta, and I. We are having dinner at the house today, Brigitta cooked coconute chicken with ginger, I hope it's good. It smells damn good right now though...I am so hungry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home