Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Day 5 in St. Lucia

It was one of those days today - a bad day. There are those days when you feel like a kiter and those days when you feel like a total beginner. On a positive note, I am still alive. The numbness is still there a bit but I am feeling more soreness rather than numbness.

I woke up this morning and I am still feeling numb, I doubt this will go away quickly. I think I did pinch a nerve somewhere. But since the numbness is not affecting my movement, I went kiting because the wind was at 14 knots today.

However, I was not mentally ready today. I think I was still bothered by the numbness so I lost my usual confidence. I went out in the morning and came back in because I was falling over and since my feet were trapped in the straps a lot, the skin burned a little from rubbing against the straps. I was either underpowered or overpowered. I was too scared to dive the kite harder and when I did, I didn’t edge enough to stay back so I fell forward, sometimes crashing the kite. Yep, another day of endless swimming. The afternoon was no different. I decided to bodydrag a bit before coming back in, and since a beginner lost the board in the ocean and I was right there when I bodydragged, I bodydragged to the board and use the board and brought it back to shore. That was pretty cool. I didn’t think I would actually go get it. That was pretty much the highlight of my day. I did not exactly redeem myself.

Tomorrow should be a fun day. There is no wind tomorrow but Bart told me that if I rent a car, he can take the day off and drive me to places to sightsee. I am supposed to call the reservation place to see if he’s got the reservation today so that I can plan my day. There are a few places we can go, for example, la tera (I think this is how you spell it) and the volcano.
I am moving tomorrow, so excited. The new place has no mosquitoes and has AC.

I gotta do some work now, I am already behind on my schedule (in studying).

1 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger eatgod said...

you are still studying after all the fun you have everyday???:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home