Thursday, March 09, 2006

Day 6 in St. Lucia

I couldn’t sleep last night. I kept thinking about the trip/excursion today and my disastrous attempts to keep going on the water. Around 9am, Brigitta gave me a ride from her guesthouse to the reef. The young South Carolina couple did not come with me to the reef or the excursion because they were still asleep. I didn’t want to wait because I wanted to see pretty much everything there is to see on the island in one day. Bart had already gotten the car when I arrived at the reef. He drove me to Juliette’s Lodge to check in and drop my luggage off.

Then we headed first to Ladera. The Ladera resort is amazing. One side of the hotel faces the valley and the bay. There is no obstruction in the way because it is so high up. The whole hotel only has three sides; the one side that faces the breathtaking view has no wall, even in the rooms themselves. We sat there for about an hour and had some coffee. Bart can really talk. I think he allowed only a few moments to breathe throughout the day. I found out everything about his career path, his relationships, etc.

Then we headed to Castries (the capital), passing through Soufriere, Canaries, and arriving at Rodney Bay. I love Rodney Bay, it’s more of a “happening” place…well, at least at night. There are restaurants, bars, and clubs. It’s a tourist spot. We had lunch and walked around a small mall, but I didn’t find anything I need.

It was already 3pm when we started heading back to Vieux Fort. We drove along the same road we drove on earlier. We came back to Vieux Fort and Bart took me to the lighthouse to have a look. We just sat on the top of the hill and looked down at the reef and everything else. It was beautiful. The sound of the waves was so calming. We sat there waiting for the plane to take off (the plane actually passes below our feet) but the friggin plane wouldn’t take off so we went to dinner at Fox Grove Inn. It took us a while to find it. The dinner was delicious although I was not so crazy about the fish I ordered. At the end of the night, Bart drove me back to the lodge.

So no kiting today, but it was an eventful day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home