Friday, November 17, 2006

1st day in Maui

I arrived in Maui today with Fadhly for a kiting vacation. Two days ago, I found out that I had passed the bar. Perhaps it was the anxiety and stress that had built up in me, but something made me really sick that night. I puked twice, had cold sweats, and excrutiating pain in my stomach. Thank god I felt a bit better before I flew today.

I had forgotten what Hawaii was like. I can't believed I used to live in Hawaii. The weather here is warm and humid -- feels like home.

After Fadhly and I had settled into a studio in the Sprecklesville Beach Estate, we grabbed something quick to eat because the wind was blowing! It must have been 20+ knots. It felt so good to eat again.

Then Fadhly helped me setup the 6m Fone (tribal) and watched me to make sure that I don't go out there in a new environment to kill myself. I had trouble with the kite. I am sooo not used to hybrid kite. I also wasn't going downwind enough before I carve upwind. I did get up and ride for a few minutes..but most of the time I was having trouble even staying on the water. Well, at least I didnt have to get other people to help me with my board the first day!

Hopefully tomorrow I will adjust better to the kite.

p.s. I already have some injuries, two cuts on my big toe, but they are small...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home