Sunday, November 19, 2006

Kiting in Maui


I had a great day kiting today.


After breakfast today, I felt an itch on my elbow, then I saw small bumps on two other joints. I knew something is wrong, but I wasn't sure. I took an benadryl and went kiting.


The wind was howling when we got there to naish beach today. We didnt go to kite beach because the launch area there is tricky, it was hard for me to launch (not a problem for Fadhly, of course). Many women bigger than my size were on 8m. Since the 6m I borrowed from Priscilla from SF was getting fixed (leaking bladder), I had to take out the 9m tribal. I was worried at first that I may be over powered.


I depowered the 9m and went out. It was perfect! I rode for an hour and a half straight. I became much more confortable, and so I rode on my toeside too. There were alot of waves, so I had a few "wave jumps". Those are fun, but can be harsh on the knees (even when I bend them).


I decided to come back to shore and take a break. As soon as I took off my harness, I felt an itch. I took off my rash guards and I had rash/bumps everywhere.


I asked Fadhly to take me to the ER. Turns out that all I had to do was to continue taking benadryl.


After seeing the doctor, we went back to the beach and had another awesome 1 1/2 hr session. It was a great day.


oh yeah, since there was no wind yesterday, we visited the coean center, the fish there were soooo beautiful.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home